Thu, September 29, 2016
Just Because You’re Reporting, Doesn’t Mean You’re Fully Compliant…
For many organizations, filing annual unclaimed property reports and escheating eligible property is the extent of their compliance program. However, filing a report doesn’t always ensure compliance. Even companies with robust reporting histories have learned this the hard way, through intrusive and expensive third-party audits.
This 60-minute webinar replay will identify the importance of compliance and conducting self-audit or risk assessment to uncover and mitigate hidden unclaimed property risks, as well as updates on legislation, litigation, and efforts from the Uniform Law Commission.
This session, led by Keane’s Debbie Zumoff and Ann Fulmer, and Michael Houghton and Donna Culver from Morris, Nichols, Arsht & Tunnell LLP, will address:
- Common reporting errors, areas of risks, and red flags
- The importance of conducting self-audits or risk assessments
- An update on the Delaware voluntary compliance program
- A review of several significant court cases that address unclaimed property audits
- Recent efforts to revise the 1995 Uniform Unclaimed Property Act