Thu, April 24, 2014
The oil & gas and utilities industries offer their own unique sets of unclaimed property compliance challenges. To achieve and maintain compliance, these organizations must understand their responsibilities, state requirements, the current enforcement environment, and any recent developments impacting their respective industry.
This 60-minutes presentation provides unclaimed property best practices for oil & as and utilities companies in addition to current compliance information, regulatory updates, and analysis of compliance challenges specific to oil & gas, utilities and other energy companies.
Specific topics include:
- New laws for the upcoming escheat reporting season
- Current trends in unclaimed property audit procedures
- Hot-button items in multi-state audits
- Unique requirements of mineral interests
- Proactive due diligence and outreach efforts