Thu, May 7, 2015
The banking industry has seen a sudden surge in unclaimed property audits conducted by a variety of third-party contingency auditors, including some new to the unclaimed property industry. What was once thought to be a regional focus of enforcement has expanded throughout the country – and banks of all sizes should be prepared.
If you’ve already received an examination notice or fear one may be on its way, we invite you to watch a replay of our presentation led by representatives from Keane and Alston & Bird LLP. This presentation is designed to help banking professionals understand the background behind this rise in enforcement, and what banks can do to prepare and position themselves for success.
Specific topics addressed include:
- An overview of the contract auditors
- What are the auditors looking for?
- You received an audit notice – what do I do now?
- Best practices for conducting a self-audit or risk assessment
- Proactive measures for remediation and mitigation
Speakers include Valerie Jundt and Ann Fulmer of Keane’s Consulting & Advisory Services Team, and Kendall Houghton, Esq., Partner at Alston & Bird LLP.