The 2015 Unclaimed Property Professionals Organization (UPPO) annual conference recently concluded last week in Orlando, Florida. It was yet again an outstanding event filled with professional networking sessions, unclaimed property insight, and educational content for unclaimed property professionals.
Keane was among the many professionals that presented or moderated sessions at the recent unclaimed property conference. Keane’s unclaimed property specialists served as panelists or facilitated sessions that ranged across a variety of topics. As the most experienced team of unclaimed property professionals in the industry, we are extremely proud of our subject matter experts that were featured as key speakers or facilitators during the conference. Our team participated in the following:
- Unclaimed Property Reporting – Insourcing vs. Outsourcing?, Co-Presented by Karen Anderson
- Unclaimed Property Fraud – Fertile Ground for Danger, Co-Presented by Laurie Andrews
- Less Tried Unclaimed Property Audit Tactics, Co-Presented by Ann Fulmer
- Record Keeping Issues in the Oil & Gas Industry, Co-Presented by Will King
- Securities, Mutual Funds, Broker Dealers & Transfer Agent Breakouts, Facilitated by Mike Ryan
- Uniform Law Commission Town Hall, Facilitated by Debbie Zumoff
We would also like to shine the spotlight on our own Chief Compliance Officer, Debbie L. Zumoff, who completed her year-long term as President of the UPPO Board of Directors. The UPPO Board of Directors is comprised of industry leaders dedicated to promoting ‘best practices’ in the industry and growing the UPPO organization. Additionally, Debbie moderated the Uniform Law Commission Town Hall Session, as well as the State Forum.
We are honored to have a staff member hold such an important position and thank Debbie for contributing much her time to spreading information along to the unclaimed property industry. During the conference, Debbie ceremoniously passed the torch to Dana Terry of DST Systems, who will serve as President of the UPPO Board until the next Annual Conference in 2016. Debbie will continue to serve UPPO as the Immediate Past Present for the 2015-2016 term.